Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trip to Texas

August 8, 2009
Saturday

Well, tomorrow is Uncle Carl's birthday. 21st birthday. It's also the day that the baby's arms first start to bud out. 2 days later, the legs will appear. But more on tomorrow later.

Today, Thomas graduated from CCM and the Honor Academy. We are so proud of him! We got into town on Thursday and ate dinner at Mercados. The next day, we ate lunch at Mercados with Liz and her family. That evening was the Gala. Lots of fun. Finally, today we ate breakfast at the Cracker Barrel with all of Thomas' friends, attended the graduation ceremony, ate dinner at KFC and attended a dessert time for CCM in the auditorium. This trip was really the first time that I used the baby as an excuse... "Let's hurry up, the baby's hungry!" ... "Don't touch that chocolate cake; the baby already saw it!" Funny :)

The graduation speaker talked for a long time. What I got out of it is that Jesus didn't just come to die (which would have been meaningless without the resurrection), but He came to give us power.

Doug Rittenhouse was also really good. I actually feel like I took away a lot from him. Get a degree in anything. Worship God in all that you do. When I'm taking pictures - worship. While editing - worship. Let work and worship intermingle. But always have family time. Become an expert at what you do. Repetition. Repitition. Go where the jobs are. He was quite inspiring. I kept thinking I should write him an email or something, as encouragement.

I got to see campus again, and that was great. But it's somehow different without anyone I know from 2002-2003. I saw Bob again. That's it. He was a January in 2002. But I recognized few else: Dave Hasz, Jon Hasz, Ron Luce, Heath Stoner. Is that it? Well, all in all, it's been a wonderful, successful weekend. I'm glad I came.

My Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment